This week’s Fun Monday is being hosted by the lovely Lisa Marie. Here is her topic:
“A quirk is defined as a peculiarity of action, behavior, or personality; mannerism. We are all unique individuals, having quirks that help make us who we are. I would like to know what your quirks are. Confess to one, confess to ten, you decide. Just come back Monday ready to spill the beans, the rest of the world may look at you like you are from Mars, but you‘re among friends here. We won’t laugh, in fact that eccentricity just may endear you to us more.”
- I check the door like 10 times before I leave for work and before I go to bed at night, I have to make at least two rounds checking the doors. I doubt that I have OCD.
- I heard that singing in the car makes you happy, so I sing loudly and dance while driving, Rehema the other day told me :’too loud, Mommy’ I have to say, I am always happy after I leave the car. There is this song that is always playing on the radio…”I can ride my bike with no handle bars” what does that song mean???
- I love reading autobiographies, currently I have Arnold Schwarzenegger’s. I would like to read Barbara Walter’s but it was stolen from our local library. I don’t buy them, I borrow them from the library. I just finished reading Larry Kings.
- I don’t care for nails at all. I keep mine clean but I think nail polish/varnish is a waste of money. At least I don’t bite them.
- At times when I am driving, I get panic attacks and wonder if I am driving on the right side of the road since I used to drive on the left when I lived in Kenya. I still put on my wipers instead on my turn lights because that is the side the turn lights were.
Please go check out how weird perfect some people are here, you might realize that you are not so quirky after all and we still love you, quirks and all.
Rehema ended up being sick and so we did not go where we were supposed to go. She came home friday and she told me she had a headache. I told her to lie down. Then she woke up about an hour later and said she was fine. later at night, she threw up her dinner. She basically slept all day saturday, the doc says it is her throat that is making her sick and there is really nothing we can do…I just love it when the doctor says that. The strep throat test came back negative. the house is strangely quiet…
For SS details check out Jen.
I am still using the stuff from my pantry, the only food stuff that I have bought are milk, fruit and yogurt. I have been surprised at the meals that I have been coming up with and usually the testing comes when the child eats it. If my child eats it, then it is good. I have even made home made baked beans and they were pretty good. The pantry is beginning to look bare.
It’s Wednesday and I am joining Lorie from “Honey, I shrank Myself” and today’s post is the fruit edition. I am going to post a very simple simple fruit recipe, I cannot even call it a recipe. It is slices of apples and yogurt dip…yummy, yummy, yummy, even the kids love it. I like Danon, Light & Fit yogurt. Enjoy!
Please check out some fruity recipes at Lorie’s.
I cannot tell why toddlers LOVE stickers…and Rehema is no exception. the last two weeks Rehema decided that she is no longer interested in using the potty, I must say I was very frustrated. She has been potty trained for a while now. So, while I was at the doctor’s, I asked him what to do and he told me to start the chart all over again, give her a sticker for every time she goes. I printed a chart that evening, put it up, explained to her that she gets a sticker every time she goes, and after so many stickers, she gets a prize. It worked like magic and now all of a sudden, she has remembered how to use the potty…maybe she was just missing the stickers…:-) Since Clifford is in town, and she loves Clifford, that is going to be one of her treats, she does not know that yet, I can’t wait to see her face when she sees Clifford. but it may not be a very good thing, because she blames everything on Clifford…Clifford did it…I bet in no time, it will change to, Henry did it.